Saturday, April 13, 2013


Day 11: Atta Boy, Mikey.
Mikey patrolling. Panzer supervising.

Mikey does this cute thing while on walks. He generally ignores all humans, dogs, squirrels, etc. But  he'll occasionally pick one human, seemingly at random, to walk up to and just look at, with his adorable black eyes in his furry cream face. They always melt and reach out to pet him, saying, "Aww, who's this?" (Except for one funny guy who asked Mikey "Can I help you?") I have no idea why Mikey chooses those specific people. He chooses both men and women, young and old people, black and white people. Mikey seems happy to embrace the diversity of New York City.

Tonight I tried something new with Mikey's dinner. He has been eating more of his kibble since I started soaking it in warm water to soften it up a little. So I tried a new thing-- I put the kibble in warm water, and had myself a nice cold beer to celebrate Friday. Then I finished prepping his dinner. In other words, I let the kibble soak until they were barely holding their shape. He ate all his wet food, and the shreds of turkey I put on top, but left all his kibble. ALL of it! So now we know he likes it softened a little, but not all the way. Good to know, buddy.

Happy Friday, everyone!
Today's walks: post-work: both robert and moses. Atta boy, Mikey. Quick walk before we went out for dinner: nothing. Pre- bedtime walk: nothing.

Mikey is growing less and less tolerant of getting his eye ointment. The vet told me to put it in both eyes, twice a day, for ten days. We're nearing the end of the ten days, and Mikey's eyes look MUCH better. (It was a slight infection making them a little goopy.) I don't know why he's getting more agitated, instead of less. I never, ever poke him in the eye. I'm pretty sure the ointment itself doesn't hurt, because he doesn't flinch or whimper or anything. My guess: it's just plain weird to get a line of ointment in your open eye. Poor guy. We're almost finished!

Hey there, clear eyes. (Notice Panzer glowering behind Mikey's ear.)

Panzer the cat seems to be getting bolder. The last few times Mikey did his patrolling through the apartment (last night, this morning), Panzer planted himself in one spot on the dining room table or on the dining room rug. Every time Mikey passed him, he'd meow emphatically. Scott thinks he's saying "Hi!" and I think he's saying "Scram!". Either way, Panzer seems interested in starting a dialogue. But it's a moot point, I guess, since Mikey continues to ignore him. Still, we're proud of Panzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment