Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 14: Mikey Superstar
Sorry, Mikey, this isn't our house.

Mikey is doing so well with us.  I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks.  He's such a relaxed, chilled- out, easy dog. He's ridiculously well- behaved!  I've been relieved to see how he is around Panzer the cat (he ignores him) and how he is around kids (sweet and gentle).

On his early morning walk, Mikey did robert, no moses.

Well, hello there.
Today Csaba the dog walker started taking Mikey out for a later walk, around 3. We hope this will align with Mikey's need to robert and moses.  So imagine my disappointment when I came home a little after 6 to... a horrible smell.  Both robert AND moses on the floor!  Poor Mikey!

Mikey in profile!
And what do I find in the next room?  Panzer had puked at some point during the day!  Poor Panzer! So this was a rough day for ALL the animals in my house.  Time to clean!

Since Mikey had already gone to the bathroom, it was less urgent to walk him when I got home. I cleaned the messes, had a snack, and read. Then we had dinner.  After dinner, we did his walk.  Robert only.  Despite my mistakes that led to him having an accident, Mikey was in good spirits the whole time.  What a great dog!

The good news: this was Mikey's last day of eye ointment!  After I applied the medicine to his eyes for the last time, I threw the empty tube into the garbage with a great flourish.  I think Mikey knew on some level that he was done with those odd twice- daily moments of discomfort.  Even though Mikey clearly disliked the ointment, he was such a good boy throughout that whole process.  And I gained a little more confidence in medicating animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment